Sunday 6 June 2010

Eucharisitic in Lawford

"Are you the Bishop of Ethiopia?" This was the opening line from a lovely lady I sat next to. Its a good way to begin a service.

I didn't hear the gospel so much as feel it - the reader had learned it off by heart and whilst saying all the right words she seemed to speak as if she was the widow of Nain and Jesus had healed her son. She had moist eyes as she came to the end and said with a deep quiet joy - This is the Gospel of the Lord!

There's a typo on their liturgy sheet - one too many i's - Eucharisitic - its a new word that I think means to be infected with thanksgiving. Jesus touched lepers and He wasn't infected but rather infused them with His power. Its a good typo.

We sung a Maggi Dawn song - And I'll sing in the darkness and I'll wait without fear - as a Taize chant - wonderful, I will try to get the music and maybe we could learn it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment