Thursday 17 June 2010

St Peter in Gallicantu

Somebody should do a Top Trumps for Holy Sites here, based on their beauty (Dormition Abbey would score very highly), archaeological evidence (David's Tomb would score poorly here). There should be other ratings I suppose (longevity of Tradition).

A man hailed me "You're looking for the Last Supper Room? Here, here, you sign there, light a candle for world peace, here, now you give donation, my synagogue?" Duh how could I fall for this again (see Western Wall 2009). So I said that that was a bit mean of him and if he wanted he could blow out my candle and off I walked. The Last Supper Room is so dull. It would be the worst card to get in the pack, there's no beauty about the room, having been messed about by crusaders and you wouldn't expect to find any archaeological evidence (unwashed crockery?) but the tradition appeared C5. So maybe, but probably not.

St Peter in Gallicantu would score highly for beauty. Maybe it was Caiaphas' house, maybe Peter denied Jesus and heard the cock crow (gallicantu), maybe Jesus was brought here and imprisoned and flogged. They have a prison, underneath a cave that's under the church where there's a spooky oily stain on the wall of man with outstretched arms.

A Palestinian Jew (oxymoron) gave a lecture on the oppressed palestinians. A woman there said "My house is now occupied by someone else and when I tried to speak to her she said You want compensation? Go ask Gadaffi" (the new occupant came from Libya). There's a peculiar level of accepted insanity about this, he called it apartheid. If you want to learn more start with the Kairos Document.

Hubba bubba or water pipe, this one was mint and lemon flavoured. Apparently you're supposed to take little puffs not long draws. This is me trying to look like Gandalf. No its not hallucinagenic its just darn silly.

2 comments:

  1. My uncle... shisha and a beer! Who would have thought.
    Looks like your having an awesome time. Looking forward to hearing more about it when were both back in the UK. Praying for you and will contiune to look here.
    Have to say you are inspiring me to write more on my blog!
    Take care and love to all the Family
    Martha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is an amazing wall such bright colours just beautiful,now that other pic you look like some old women sitting like that!!! lol,but you do look as if your haveing a great time.are you trying to grow some stubble to bet Mikeys!well your need more then a month.anyway Take Care With Love xxx

    ReplyDelete