Monday 14 June 2010

James in Jerusalem


So I'm here drinking an amazing tea from some tree that lives in the garden, Bettina grabbed some leaves and popped them in the pot.
Add two hours for time zone. Don't have the Lamb cutlets if you fly BA. No heavy interviewing, no one took away my shoes, I wasn't taken to a small room and asked about my contacts in Israel. Nothing. Almost disappointing. I did (accidentally) try to get a water bottle through customs and that led to the american behind me being accused. She asked me if I was a vicar or a priest. I said Both - it seemed to confuse her enough, I didn't want to challenge her with Rector.

I sat next to a nice man who teaches Hebrew privately. He wouldn't teach me anything. He told me how he was given the full search treatment. He trumped me by producing not merely a hebrew bible but also a hebrew commentary and a hebrew prayer book. And there was I with just my bible. The Kosher option looks good.

Mike has taken me to a corner shop where you can buy a circle of Camembert for £7 (see Gordon's £3) and petrol is about £1.20 per litre.

3 comments:

  1. I'll let you borrow my clergy shirt, it works a treat. The passport control lady said: What is the purpose of your visit - I said Spiritual. stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah you made it,enjoy your tea and don't forget I'm comeing with you next time!!!!

    ReplyDelete