Saturday 26 June 2010

Hebrew Congregation

Its Shabbat so I went to a 10am Hebrew speaking Service of worship. Its pentecostal which means they sing short songs again and again and again. In England I'd find this tedious but here its fabulous. Yeshua melek hamlachim = Jesus king of kings. The projector shines up the Hebrew song with English translation and English transliteration and Russian transliteration and Russian translation. Its vibrant and full and joyful and fabulous.

They gave me a headphone so I could listen to the translator telling me what the preacher was saying. Notices: More people needed for the Coffee Rota and more people needed to teach the Children's Groups.

The Sermon lasted 90 minutes. I kid you not. He said Yeshua loves you and stay close to Yeshua. Only he didn't put it that clearly. I listened to the Russian translation of the sermon for a while because it sounded heaps more exciting than either the Hebrew or the English version. When he said And finally I could no longer stifle my guffaws.

We blessed each other and then I fled. 1.30pm.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear 90 mins and by the way don't even think about doing one that long,I also think it's just abit to far for Sarah and I to travel each week for therota's and group's,so please don't put are names down,take care with love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christianity, in all its different forms, has two common threads: Jesus and Coffee Rotas.

    ReplyDelete