Wednesday 26 May 2010

A Real Connection

Had fun today playing with the new laptop and getting it to speak to the old desktop and putting on it old sermons etc. I spoke to a lovely woman at Dell called Usha on the telephone. I think she was calling from India, perhaps because my phone said International perhaps because in a quieter moment she told me how she'd been watching the cricket. I was trying to get the laptop to speak to my printer and it didn't seem to want to so with a few clicks and an okay she took over the computer. Utterly wierd - someone on the other side of the world controlling my mouse and putting different drivers on to it and so on.

If you're PC savvy then probably this makes sense to you but it felt really sureal. Just for a moment there was a real connection, we laughed and she said how she quite liked the idea of working from home and I said how its hard work to begin with but then you get the hang of it. She thought she'd find the temptation to sleep and read too much. And then problem solved and we go our disconnected ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment